Saturday 26 November 2011

Pop Up Shoreditch

Living in East London I've realised that it has become a hub of PR stunts and events. Around Brick Lane there are so many pop-up shops appearing, attempting to give brands credibility, by hiring a DJ to play to an empty shop that has one pair of 'edgy' trainers on display. The shops are not  intending to make any sales but are used as living advertisements to raise brand profiles. The latest is Boxpark which describes itself at 'the world's first pop-up mall' and claims to be a 'retail revolution.' I have to say I disagree, I popped in on my way to Brick Lane yesterday to give it a chance and it just looks like a cheap and quick way of building another shopping centre, the box's were filled with designers ranging from Nike to Calvin Klein. I at least thought it would  be used as a way for small businesses to be able to afford premises in a central location.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment